Call 0116 303 3560
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Salary: Up to £43k (DOE)
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Due to continued growth and expansion my client has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will work closely with members of other departments to assure the quality of our clients output on a timely basis to ensure that our meets with their customers requirements.
To work closely with Engineering and Manufacturing functions to understand customer and
product requirements, using Quality Tools and resources to validate new or improved processes.
Follow up engineering changes and new product plans. To perform process capability studies.
Prepare marked up drawings.
Act on these subjects: PFMEA analysis, process capability, inspection frequencies, engineering
changes, new products, control plans.
To liaise with Production to ensure product manufactured internally meets engineering
specification and drive the resolution of quality problems that arise during machining or assembly
using appropriate problem-solving methodology.
Act on these subjects: process control support, In Process Quality Checks, Problem solving
Not right first time
If inspection or manufacturing activity identifies a non-conformance, take rapid steps to initiate
corrective action and prevent recurrence. Use corrective action format to identify the required
actions. To track, log and deal with supplier returns.
Act on these subjects: non-conforming parts analysis, internal containment, manufacturing
concession process, scrap trend monitoring & analysis, scrap resolution proposals, supplier Nok
returns, quarantine area, quality care points, improvement activities.
Perform process audits and prepare reports.
Support LPA (Layered Process Audits)
* Formal education / Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering or related area.
* Experience in metrology (reading technical drawings and interpreting geometric features/tolerances) within a precision engineering environment.
* Computer literate, comfortable using ERP software and MS Office daily.
* Ability to communicate and report effectively at all levels of the organisation.
* Fully conversant with Quality tools such as Control Plans, ISIR, 8D reporting, QOS KPI's, MSA.
* High level of discipline and organisation.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in machining processes and 5 years in quality function.
* IATF16949 certified internal auditor
Our Client is a designer and manufacturer of ultra-high quality, low volume automotive components.