Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Salary: £19-25k per annum
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Join the Payroll Team in providing a professional and responsive Payroll service to our clients by adhering to defined service level agreements and statutory requirements, ensuring accurate payment every month. This person will play a pivotal role helping to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability.
Duties and responsibilities
* Working within the Payroll Bureau undertaking administrative, advisory and payroll duties to ensure that processes and systems are completed to an exceptionally high standard.
* Ensuring that all payrolls are processed within the required time frames and liaising with other members of the team with matters relating to payroll and dealing with all matters in a timely manner.
* Ensuring that all pension administration, including Auto Enrolment processes are carried out in an accurate and timely manner. Liaise with pension providers and staff in dealing with pension administration matters. Keeping up to date with processes and procedures relating to Auto Enrolment and pension schemes.
* To draft routine correspondence as appropriate, emails, letters, reports, agendas, minutes, taking notes at meetings and other general typing tasks using Microsoft packages.
* To prepare and maintain routine and ad hoc reports, spreadsheets and database information as required and to access the internet in order to retrieve information.
* To ensure that Client's records are accurate and up to date and that all requirements and procedures relating to Clients payrolls are being followed, including details of benefits in kind, fleet car values etc required for completion of P11Ds and Class 1A returns
* To sort and distribute the post and deal with telephone enquiries and prioritise messages requiring a response.
* To perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by Management.
* Liaise with HMRC as and when required.
* Assist in other areas of the Bureau to provide cover for sickness, holidays and seasonal peak workloads.
* Deliver a high level of customer service to all business areas demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals at all levels within the organisation.
* Make accurate and effective use of computer systems to create and revise documents where necessary.
* Experience in Payroll, Pensions Administration and Processing.
* Strong IT skills and a proven ability to use and adapt quickly to new technology.
* Interpersonal and communication skills of a high order which are applicable to a range of colleagues, Clients and Government agencies, meeting and receiving clients and guests of the Company.
* Microsoft Office skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to take minutes and notes from meetings. Ability to draft own correspondence and prioritise your own workload, work under pressure and use your own initiative.
* Ability to work flexibly and effectively as an individual and team member.
* Willingness to work variable hours when necessary to meet the requirements of the post.
* Exemplary customer service skills and a team player.
* An exceptional attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal skills.