Job Title MIG Fabricator/Welder
Salary up to £16p/h
Hours 39 hours per week. Mon-Thurs - 06:45-16:45. Fri-Sat-Sun- overtime available at an enhanced rate.
Requirements of the Fabricator / Welder:
* In-depth knowledge of and respect for current and relevant H&S requirements
* Fabrication and Welding (MIG)
* Extensive and current experience of structural Steelwork welding & fabrication Steelwork Industry
* Must be able to MIG Weld to a high standard; Coded experience is essential (or the successful attainment of Butt & Fillet Welds BS EN ISO 9606-1: 2013 will be part of the conditions of contract).
* Accurately work from and interpret detailed drawings as and when required.
* Clamping, holding, tac-welding, heat-bending, bolting or grinding parts as necessary to satisfy technical requirements
* Ensure parts are defect free from assembly process and previous operations
* Prioritize, generate and promote, safe working practices and adherence to Health and Safety standards at all times.
* Day-to-day responsibility for operation of production area
* To operate role related equipment within designated areas using health & safety rules at all times, whilst maintaining targeted output
* Consistently maintain and update all relevant documentation relating to production activities in line with agreed company standards ensuring that regulatory and quality requirements are met
* Maintain adherence to PPE standards
* Recording of quality issues and undertaking corrective action(s)
* Maintenance of a safe working environment, keeping areas clear of debris and hazards at all times and ensuring housekeeping standards are at an acceptable level, recognising potential/actual hazards and taking corrective actions to minimize accidents.
* Follow company procedures relating to correct disposal of waste
* Not Essential but would be helpful if candidate holds a Forklift Licence (Counter Balance and Side Loader).
Key knowledge, skills & experience
* A valid UK Driving license
* A good standard of both written and spoken English
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Ability to work well as part of a team and also under your own initiative when required
* Well organised with excellent time management
* Demonstrate a desire for self-improvement and enthusiasm to learn new skills
* Ability to interpret and work from drawings
* Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously
Additional knowledge, experience and skills;
* 5 -10years experience with a proven track record working in Structural Steel workshop
* Welders certificate MAG/MIG(135) in accordance with BS EN 9606-1
A family-owned and operated business based in Coventry does bespoke structural steelwork and metalwork.