Electronics & Embedded Firmware Engineer - Hinckley - £40k - £45k
We are currently recruiting for an Electronics & Firmware Engineer to enhance our small, highly skilled R&D team and assist in driving our business forwards. You will need to be the main point of reference for all embedded firmware related activities. You may be required to occasionally travel internationally to visit customers and be part of the team representing the company at meetings, conferences and exhibitions.
The Electronics & Firmware Design Engineer role is primarily responsible for the design, development and control of embedded firmware and hardware used within their niche products.
Remote / onsite technical customer care support required. Main responsibilities include: Develop and improve existing products / technology. Provide Technical customer support, System diagnosis, Fault finding and troubleshooting, Provide technical support to the customer service team. Heavy-duty activities such as, lifting heavy weights, work in confined spaces, work on mobile lifting platforms, etc.
Driven and self -motivated, you will need to be pro-active, capable of spotting opportunities for improvement and new products and putting forward clear and carefully considered recommendations.
Key Activities and Knowledge:
* Develop, research and improve new & existing products / innovative technologies
* Building and testing prototypes
* Writing specifications and technical reports
* Keeping up to date with technologies and regulations
* Technical customer support, system diagnosis, fault finding and troubleshooting
* Provide technical support to the customer service team
* Excellent written and spoken English
* At least 2 years' experience in system architecture and embedded systems
* Experience of programming of microcontroller firmware
* Schematic design
* PCB layout experience
* PCB prototype assembly
* Proven development of embedded software/firmware:
o Embedded C/C++ (and/or other high-level languages)
Desirable - but not essential:
* Knowledge of different IP protocols & interfaces.
* Extensive knowledge of hardware interfaces, such as SPI, I2C, and UART (DMX, RS-485, CAN, NMEA 2000 etc)
* Use of embedded Linux - or willingness to learn.
o Using the Linux command line - bash shell
o Previous experience of software development on ARM CPU platforms, Raspberry Pi or similar embedded SBC hardware advantageous.
* HTML programming
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) either in computer science or electronics (or equivalent)
* 25 days' holiday
* On-Site Parking
* Flexible remote working opportunity
* Fun, sociable working environment
* Salary: dependant on experience; up to £45,000 per annum