Recruitment | Training | Business Advice & Consultancy
Job Title E-Commerce Finance Analyst
Salary Between £25,000 and £40,000 per annum - experience dependant
To provide financial support to the company across the key areas of financial forecasting, annual budgeting, maintenance of internal controls, period actual review, seasonal pricing, markdown planning, stock control and commercial decision-making support through effective financial business partnering. As Finance Analyst you will be responsible for delivering operational insights on costs and performance.
In this role, you will report into the Managing Director and be involved in the following:
* Monthly business performance reviews and analyse potential change to operations
* Identifying areas of risk and opportunity to allow continuous improvement of financial and business metrics
* Responsible for developing and maintaining the forecast files, ensuring that they accurately represent the current forecast, previous forecasts, and previous year's results
* Provide supporting information to allow approval of marketing initiatives or capital expenditure requests
* Support in the periodic review of overhead and marketing costs with relevant stakeholders, appraising risks and opportunities and communicating to key stakeholders
* Offer financial analysis of all changes to markdown policy, highlighting risks and ensuring additional markdowns are appropriately approved
* Assist Finance in maintaining controls over the e-commerce marketing spend and ensure there is an appropriate mechanism for approving and controlling spend levels against approval levels and budget
Track and report on key variable costs to sales, such as packaging, delivery charges and warehouse KPI's
* Model margin and agree markdown levels with the Trading/Merchandising Managers
* Provide insight through reporting and detailed analysis of KPIs.
* Support business growth and potential investment decisions
* Ensure high quality reports to enable accurate business development
* Support Financial planning and forecasting processes
* Identify and implement changes to enhance, improve and simplify business processes
* Be able to analyse large volumes of data and present findings accurately
* Ad-hoc duties and projects as and when required.
You will have extensive experience within Care, ideally within Supported living, as well as:
* Finalist or fully qualified - ACA / ACCA / ACMA / CIMA
* Have a strong analytical mind-set with an eye for detail
* IT Literate with advanced Excel skills
* Advanced Excel skills
* Numerate with strong analytical and communication skills
* Highly motivated, self-starter full of initiative
* Experience within a highly commercial business environment
* Team player
* Commercial experience within e-commerce,
Ideal to have experience working across several trading platforms - e.g. Website, Amazon, eBay etc.